COD Warzone Mobile Is Shutting Down Forever on April 17, 2026

by: Sophia
social media trust
Warzone Mobile Is Shutting Down Forever

It’s really happening. Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, the game that had 50 million pre-registrations and all the hype in the world, is shutting down for good.

Activision confirmed this week that Warzone Mobile servers will go offline on April 17, 2026. After that date, the game will be completely unplayable. No matchmaking. No logging in. Nothing.

If you still have it installed, now is the time to pay attention.

What Activision Said Officially

Activision did not bury this quietly. The company posted a clear statement on its official support page, confirming the shutdown.

“As a final step in the previously communicated service changes to Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, the servers for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile will go offline on April 17, 2026, after which the game will no longer be available for play,” Activision stated.

The company also thanked the community, which is nice, but it did not change the date.

This is not a regional rollout. The blackout happens simultaneously worldwide, meaning no region gets extra time, no exceptions.

Warzone Mobile Is Shutting Down Forever
image by Activision

A Quick Timeline: How It All Fell Apart

Warzone Mobile launched on March 21, 2024, promising a full-scale battle royale experience on iOS and Android. It was the first Call of Duty title to bring back the beloved Verdansk and Rebirth Island maps after they were removed from the console version.

The hype was real. The execution? Less so.

By May 2025 – barely over a year after launch – Activision pulled the game from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store entirely. They also shut off new seasonal content, real-money purchases, and social features at that point.

Real-money purchases officially ended on May 19, 2025.

Players who already had the game installed could still play online, though. Servers stayed up, cross-progression worked, and matchmaking continued – until now.

With April 17, 2026 confirmed as the final date, that last lifeline is being cut too.

Why Did Warzone Mobile Fail?

Activision was honest about this one, or at least as honest as a major corporation tends to be.

The company said the game “unfortunately has not met our expectations with mobile-first players like it has with PC and console audiences.”

This is a big deal, because Warzone Mobile was not a small project. Activision built a multi-studio development team to create it, pulling in talent from Activision Shanghai Studio, Beenox, Digital Legends, and Solid State Studios. That is a lot of cooks in the kitchen for a game that never quite found its audience.

The mobile gaming market is brutal. Players have short attention spans, dozens of alternatives, and strong loyalty to games already on their phones. Warzone Mobile entered that space with high device requirements and fierce competition, and it lost.

The numbers tell the story. According to estimates from AppMagic, Warzone Mobile generated just $1.4 million in consumer spending during its first four days after launch. Compare that to Call of Duty: Mobile, which earned $4.2 million in the same timeframe when it launched years earlier. That is a gap you cannot ignore.

What Happens to Your COD Points?

This is the part that stings a little.

If you still have unspent COD Points in Warzone Mobile, you need to use them before April 17, 2026. Activision confirmed that once the servers go dark, any unused COD Points will become completely inaccessible.

And before you ask – no, refunds are not available. Not for COD Points, not for previously purchased in-game content. Activision was very clear about this in their support documentation.

The good news? You can still redeem those points in the in-game store for operator packs, weapon blueprints, or cosmetic items while the service is still live. So if you have any points sitting there doing nothing, spend them now.

What About Your Account and Progress?

Here is where things split depending on how you played.

If you used a guest account to play Warzone Mobile, that account will be completely gone after the shutdown. There is no way to recover it.

If you used an Activision account, you are in better shape. Your account will still exist and remain usable across other Activision titles, including Call of Duty: Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone on PC and console, and the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops 7. Cross-progression data tied to your Activision account carries over to those platforms.

That Confusing Google Play Comeback Explained

A few weeks ago, players noticed something odd. Warzone Mobile briefly reappeared on the Google Play Store with a pre-registration option, which got the community buzzing about a possible comeback.

Spoiler: it was not a comeback.

According to reports, this was simply a Google Play backend push targeting users who had previously installed the game. No official relaunch was ever announced. The iOS store page never came back. Activision never confirmed any revival plans.

So if you were hoping for a surprise return, that ship has sailed, and it is sinking on April 17.

Warzone Mobile Is Shutting Down Forever
image by Activision

Where Should Mobile COD Players Go Now?

Activision is not leaving mobile players stranded. The company is actively pointing everyone toward Call of Duty: Mobile, which continues to receive regular seasonal updates and content.

COD: Mobile already offers Battle Royale, Multiplayer, Zombies, and an extraction-based DMZ: Recon mode. Activision even confirmed there are special incentives for Warzone Mobile players migrating to COD: Mobile, so it is worth checking those out when you make the switch.

The message from Activision is clear: COD: Mobile is the future of Call of Duty on smartphones. Warzone Mobile was an experiment. A technically ambitious one, sure but an experiment that did not land with the audience it needed.

Key Dates to Remember

  • March 21, 2024 – Warzone Mobile officially launched worldwide
  • May 19, 2025 – Real-money purchases ended; game removed from App Store and Google Play
  • February 16, 2026 – Activision confirmed April 17 as the final shutdown date via official channels
  • April 17, 2026 – Servers go offline permanently, game becomes unplayable

Bottom Line

Warzone Mobile had the name, the maps, and the marketing. What it did not have was the mobile-first player base to sustain it.

For Activision, this is a strategic retreat, not a collapse. They still have a thriving Call of Duty: Mobile, a strong PC and console Warzone, and Black Ops 7 on the horizon.

For players, it is a deadline. Spend your COD Points. Check your account type. Download COD: Mobile if you have not already.

The servers go dark on April 17, 2026. Do not say we did not warn you.

What Should You Do Right Now?

Still have COD Points? Open Warzone Mobile and spend them in the store before April 17.

Used a guest account? Sadly, that data will be lost. Consider linking an Activision account to any other COD titles you play.

Looking for a mobile COD alternative? Download Call of Duty: Mobile, it is free, actively updated, and has special perks waiting for Warzone Mobile players.

Have thoughts on the shutdown? Drop them in the comments below. Were you still playing? Did Warzone Mobile deserve a longer run? Let us know.

Share:
Photo of author

Sophia

I'm a writer at Gamer Urge who loves story-rich games, indie titles, and sharing helpful guides with fellow gamers.

Leave a Comment